September 1, 2012

On being an "adult"

Well, here I am... another 3 months since the last post. I swear I've been busy though. I have left a job, moved to another state, started another amazing job and moved into my own apartment. I graduated from college 2 years ago, but in the past few months it has especially hit me how hard it is to be an "adult." Lets' be honest, there are times when it sucks. While I love feeling independent and accomplished, often I feel overwhelmed by all of the responsibilities (bills). Venting aside, I am so grateful to be where I am today, and can look back and realize that everything I have been through and experienced up to this point has been to equip me for where I am now... my dream job as the PR Coordinator at Neiman Marcus- see below:
Here is what my office looks like at any given day- filled with fabulous merchandise for upcoming events
...and this is an example of said upcoming event. Fashion's Night Out is rapidly approaching, and we are putting on THREE completely different fashion shows in less than 24 hours- God help us. I am loving this new opportunity, and am embracing every moment. We all have to become adults at some point, so I am trying to make the best of it. Hope you are all doing what you love, and loving what you do- there is nothing more important in my humble opinion- even if you are broke doing it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment