February 11, 2012

The best of NYFW Fall RTW 2012 (or 2043)

My excitement for Spring is on a brief hold after looking at the insane clothes coming from the Fall RTW shows. This is ultimately a good thing, as it  serves as a reminder to look at clothes that are currently on
sale?.. trying to be positive here.. So far, my favorite shows have been Rag & Bone, Prabal Gurung, and Peter Som.
Rag & Bone's collection is a really good balance of beautiful fashion forward clothes that are actually very wearable. There was an abundance of texture and layering, as well as an eastern undertone. Key colors were metallic bronze, accompanied by shades of grey, red, and black.


The capes and old school cop hats that kicked-off the Prabal Gurung show, thankfully evolved into gorgeous cobalt blue futuristic graphic prints, followed by glamorous, sexy, gold evening gowns, that are sure to be seen on the red carpet at many a premiere come Fall.
    

I have been in love with Peter Som since my freshman year in college when I had to do a semester-long analysis on him. It was then that I learned about his background in architecture, which is very evident in this collection. Strong, clean, and modern silhouettes juxtaposed with sheer organza. Lots of white in the opening looks, followed by peplums and mullet dresses. I am crazy about this collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment